How to choose the perfect lighting for your living room?
Your living room is the place to feel good, relax and destress, as well as where you lounge or sit with our friends and family. Basically, it is the most used room in the house. Therefore, choosing the perfect living room lighting fixture can be tricky, however with the wide variety of LED lighting fixtures we have, your creative lighting ideas can become a reality. And best of all: you also save energy when relaxing with LEDs.
Below are some important elements you should consider for your living room lighting:
- You need to have some sort of ceiling light, this can be flush mounted or lighting pendant, but this is important because it will be the main source of illumination in your room, our lighting fixtures can be dimmed and changed from cool to warm lighting.
- Ambient backlight such as floor lamps or LED strips will add subtle illumination
- Decorative accent lighting for precise illumination, for example LED recessed lighting, as this will provide a more downward light.
Moreover, you will also need to consider the style of lighting fixture you think matches your space.
- The first thing you need to consider is what style is your space? Is it classical, modern, vintage, minimal, abstract, retro etc. This is crucial because your lighting fixture can be picked out to either compliment the style in your space, or to create a contrast with it, such as classical modern, or minimal vintage, etc.
- After you have established what style you are looking for, you need to consider what color would you like the fixture to be, this can vary between gold, crystals, black, white, or chrome. With this decision as well you can either choose a color that compliments your space, or a color to create a contrast.
- You need to consider if you would like the lighting fixture to be hanging down, or to be flushed with the ceiling. This varies on several aspects, such as how high is your space? Do you need something coming down as a central element, or do you have something else that is the main element in the space?
Lastly, know that you are not alone; our team of expert designers can also help you in picking the perfect LED lighting fixture for your home. So do not feel overwhelmed, contact us via e-mail, phone call, or even come visit us at our store. We are always here to help :)